Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 22, 2019

God Even Cares about Dowels - Part 2 (11/11/16) (Christmas 2017)

 I am great at thinking up projects for decorating or getting more organized.  Since we moved into this apartment and were painting and designing furniture and moving things around I have wanted to make two mirror frames.  One would be covered in shells. The other would have four 1 inch strips of bamboo along each side with, abaka (twine) and some Threads of Hope necklaces woven around the bamboo strips.  Other projects would be making the ornaments I described in my blog post from 1/6/16 entitled "God Even Cares About Dowels".  I have the driftwood to make a flat tree for the wall all laid out. And last but not least was the quest to make a table top Christmas tree out of drift wood.

I don't feel very artsy, so the projects can intimidate me a bit.  I love to acquire all of the materials, but don't always seem to get the project started.  This is the case for all of the above listed projects...except... the driftwood Christmas tree.

So I am happy to say that I did more than just hunt down the materials.  Here is my first attempt at a driftwood project.


The next step will be to find a drill bit small enough to drill holes in some of my shells so I can run fishing line through them and hang them on this ginchy little tree.  I will update you when I get that far.  

I have even managed to decorate it for a couple of Christmases so far.  I love my little driftwood Christmas tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment